Learn to freedive down to a maximum depth of 20m/66 feet!
This program teaches fundamental Freediving techniques for comfortable enjoyment in the aquatic world to depths of 20m / 66ft. You will also practice Static Apnea to help develop your breath-holding abilities and in-water comfort.
Your PFI Freediver course will cover fundamental topics such as:
• Essential Safety procedures for Breath-Holding at Freediver Level
• Proper Breathing Techniques for Freediving and Snorkeling
• Confined-Water skill development i.e. Static Apnea
• Open-Water skill development i.e. technique for Deep Diving!
• Equalization for Deep Diving
• Equipment for Freediving and Snorkeling
• The fundamental Physics & Physiology of Freediving—what happens to your body at depths!
IS THIS COURSE FOR YOU?
• You’re interested in learning the fundamental techniques of Freediving
• You’re new to Freediving
• You typically dive in the shallows
• You want to dive Safely
• You want to hold your breath Longer
• You want to Dive Deeper
Download and review the PFI medical form. If you say YES to any questions you may need to get doctors approval to take part in the course. Email us if you have any questions about the medical form.
FORMAT / DURATION 2-2.5 DAYS
This course is taught by highly trained PFI Instructors at locations all over the world. The PFI Freediver course includes:
• Classroom Sessions,
• 2 Confined-Water Sessions, and
• 2 Open-Water Sessions.
The schedule and layout/order of these sessions varies slightly by location. The program is typically run over 2/2.5 days depending on the location of your course. Click the “Location & Schedule Information” link on any particular course to find out exact schedule for that program.
• Swimming or snorkeling experience
• Good health and fitness –see PFI Medical Form
• 12 years of age with guardian permission
WHAT TO BRING
For this course, each diver is responsible for bringing his or her own equipment
• Mask & Snorkel
• Full Wetsuit (3mm for warm-water locations; 5-7mm for cold-water locations)
• Timing device or Dive Computer
PFI Freediver course prices vary by location and instructor, but sell for between $375-$450usd. The tuition price covers the following:
• Personalized instruction from highly trained freediving specialists, national & world record holders and/or trainer
• 1 instructor/assistant : 5 student divers Ratio
• PFI Freediver student manual & workbook
• Pool & Classroom sessions
• Open-Water instruction
• PFI T-Shirt (inclusion varies by instructor)
• Certification card
If a boat is required for Open-Water sessions at your location, a Boat Fee may be applied in addition to the course tuition. This fee, if applicable, will be described on specific course-location pages.
See our upcoming courses page for more information on when and where courses are happening. You can also contact a PFI Instructor directly if you don’t see a course that fits your schedule. Not all programs are posted on this website.
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT DETAILS
To purchase this product please visit our educational websites course schedule. To secure your spot in a course, we need to receive your registration and either a 50% deposit or full payment. Any outstanding course balance is due by the start of the course.